Sunday 10 November 2019

What Is Faith? 1



“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”         
 Hebrews 11:1 (NKJV).

There are several definitions of faith but based on our opening scripture. Faith is always 'Now'. This means we can define faith as present tense confidence in God and His Word. When you are dealing with faith, you are dealing with confidence.

In James 2:18 (NKJV) the Bible says, “But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.”  Therefore we can also define faith as the visible expression of confidence in God and His Word. As a result, when you are in faith, you are sure that God will deliver what He says.

In the two definitions of faith above, you will notice the emphasis made on God and His Word. Why are we emphasizing on the Word of God? It is because the Bible says, “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”  Romans 10:17 (NKJV). This means that without the Word of God there will be no faith. If your confidence is not rooted in the scriptures, your faith is fake because faith is an offspring of the Word.

Confession.
I am a believer and not a doubter. I am an offspring of the Word of God. I am strong, the Word of God abides in me and I have overcome the wicked one. Greater is He that is in me than He that is in the world.

For further study, read:
Romans 4:1-25, Romans 5:1-2.

Doing the Word
Let your confidence in your future or whatever you are believing for be rooted in the scriptures.

To order for a hard copy of "A Word In Due Season" Call: +2348033827072,
                 +2348051204708

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION