Thursday 23 April 2020

He Came To Fulfil Prophecy 20



“Then I said, 'See, I have come to do your will, 

to lay  down my life, just as the Scriptures said that I
would.'" Hebrews 10:7 (TLB).

There are several prophesies spoken by the
prophets concerning the kind of death that
Jesus was to die and they were all fulfilled 
to the last detail in His life.

For instance Psalm 22:16-18 says, “For dogs have
compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have
inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. I
may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.
They part my garments among them, and cast lots
upon my vesture.” This was fulfilled to the last detail 
as seen in John 19:23-24, “Then the soldiers, when they 
had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and
made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also his coat: 
now the coat was without seam, woven from
the top throughout. They said therefore among
themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it,
whose it shall be: that the scripture might be
fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment
among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots.
These things therefore the soldiers did.”

Also, Psalm 69:21 says, “They gave me also gall for
my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to
drink.” This was fulfilled in the life of Jesus in
Matthew 27:34,48, “They gave him vinegar to drink
mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof,
he would not drink. And straightway one of them
ran, and took a spunge, and filled it with vinegar,
and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink.”

Prayer.
Dear Father, I ask that You teach me to number
my days so that I might apply my heart unto
wisdom, in Jesus' Name. Amen. 

For further study, read:
Matthew 27:33-35, Mark 15:34-36, John 19:23-24.

Doing the Word
Give the Lord thanks because every good thing
assigned to come to you is coming to you in free
course.

To order for a hard copy of "A Word In Due Season"
Call: +2348033827072,
       +2348051204708.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION