Sunday 12 April 2020

He Came To Fulfil Prophecy 9



“But you need to realize that no one alone can
understand any of the prophecies in the Scriptures.

The prophets did not think these things up on their
own, but they were guided by the Spirit of God.”
2 Peter 1:20-21 (GNT)

The coming of Jesus and the fulfilment of the
scriptures in His life helps us to understand the 
prophecies written concerning Him

For instance, Jeremiah prophesied about the
coming of a new everlasting covenant in Jeremiah
31:31(NKJV), "Behold, the days are coming, says
the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with
the house of Israel and with the house of Judah”

Jesus brought the fulfillment of this prophecy by
ratifying the New Covenant in His blood for the
remission of sins as seen in Mark 14:23-24 (NKJV)
which says, “Then He took the cup, and when He
had given thanks He gave it to them, and they all
drank from it. And He said to them, "This is My
blood of the new covenant, which is shed for
many.”

Hebrews 8:10-12 (NKJV) says, “For this is the covenant 
that I will make with the house of Israel
after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws
in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I
will be their God, and they shall be My people.
None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his
brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for all shall
know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of
them. For I will be merciful to their
unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless
deeds I will remember no more.”

Confession.

In the Name of Jesus and by my faith in the
blood of Jesus Christ I declare that the God of
peace, that brought again from the dead our
Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep,
through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
make me perfect in every good work to do His
will, working in me that which is well pleasing
in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be
glory for ever and ever. Amen.


For further study, read:

Hebrews 8:6-13, Hebrews 9:15, Hebrews 12:22-24.


Doing the Word

Give thanks to the Father for the gift of eternal
life through your faith in Jesus Christ.

To order for a hard copy of "A Word In Due Season"
Call: +2348033827072,
         +2348051204708.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION