Tuesday 21 June 2016

Getting married

Tuesday, June 21st
Getting married.

“And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.”
Genesis 2:18

If you are a mature adult reading this today and you desire to be married, it is a good thing and it is in line with God's will for you. God Himself said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.”

There are people who desire to be married, but it seems difficult for them to find a help meet for them. The question I will like to ask you is this; why do you want to get married? Some ladies will say something like, “I need to get married because I need a man that can take care of me.” If that it is the reason you want to get married, that is selfish, and if you pray to God with that as your reason, you will be asking amiss because God is your source. It is not God's will for you to make or depend on any man as your source.

Why should you want to get married? It is for companionship. You need a man or a woman that will help you as you pursue God's will for your life. If your reason to get married is so that someone can meet your needs, then you are already married to Jesus, and He can meet all your needs. So if you desire to get married, I encourage you to pray rightly by praying the prayer below:

Prayer.
“Dear Father, I need a companion, Your Word says it is not good for man to be alone. I was born for companionship. Father, I know you have a destiny for me. Your Word says, two are better than one. I trust you dear Father for the man/woman you have appointed for me. Your Word says, you brought her to him. I trust that you are leading me to him/her and when we see, we will know ourselves. Father I give you thanks for you have heard me, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.”

For further study, read:
Genesis 2:20-24, Proverbs 18:22,
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12.

Doing the Word
Expect God to lead you to your appointed one.



0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION