Tuesday 4 June 2013

Call God Father.



“These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.” John 17:1-5(KJV)

Our opening scripture is a part of the prayer by Jesus in John 17. Reading this prayer lets you see prayer more as a conversation with God based on His Word. Jesus spoke to the Father as though he was speaking to someone sitting right beside Him. You would also notice that when Jesus prayed, He did not  pray, “Oh God,” but rather He repeatedly called God ‘Father’. That is how you also aught to pray. Call God Father when you pray.

In John 11:41-42, Jesus prayed before the tomb of Lazarus saying, “…Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. And I knew that thou hearest me always …” Jesus is showing us here that if we ask any thing according to God’s will, we should consider it done. So be confident when you pray knowing that God hears you always.

Prayer
Dear Father I thank you because my love is increasing and abounding more and more in knowledge and in all judgement. I thank you for I approve things that are excellent and I remain sincere and without offence till the day of Christ in Jesus Name. Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 1:16-17, Ephesians 3:14-16, Colossians 1:3.

Doing the Word
Whenever you pray always learn to address God as Father.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION