Wednesday 12 June 2013

Pray rightly.


“Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.” Matthew 6:8(KJV)

Our opening scripture, lets us know that we have a compassionate Father; a Father that knows what we have need of before we ask Him. Yet someone may say, “God if you only know what I need you would have helped me.” God knows what you need but the issue is that you do not know the principles that govern prayer therefore you are not getting results from your prayer.

I use to have a friend whose aunt was a very special prayer warrior, yet a lot of evil things use to happen to that family. They were wealthy but yet a lot of evil things happen to them. She was a prayer warrior; she prays all night almost everyday, she was lean and haggard from her much praying even though she was wealthy, yet things was not going right as it should. If only she has learnt how to pray.

Know from the words of Jesus in our opening scripture that your Father knows your needs before you ask him. Someone may ask, “Then why don’t we get answers to our prayers?” It is because many are not following the principles of prayer. For instance, for some people when it is time to pray, they keep quiet and do not say anything. And then when you ask them if they were praying, they answer and say that they were praying in their minds, no that is not how to pray. The Bible says when you pray ‘say’. David prayed in Psalm 142:1 saying, “I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication.” So if you are not saying anything, then you are not praying. Secondly, it is important you pray in faith based on the Word of God. Thirdly learn to receive the answer to your prayer when you pray. After you make your request, receive your answer and thank Him for it. Since you have received your answer, keep your confessions consistent with it, talk like it everyday, rejoice, testify and refuse to worry. Fourthly don’t pray with offence, unforgiveness, strife and bitterness in your heart, it can make your prayer ineffective. 

Prayer
Dear Father I know that you love me and You are compassionate and willing to meet all my needs. Thank you Father for as I follow these principles in praying rightly, and as I choose to let go of every offence and unforgiveness in my heart, I expect to have and experience greater results in my prayer life. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Further Study
Mark 11:22-26.

Doing the Word
Let go of any offense in your heart before you pray today.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION