Sunday 9 June 2013

We pray to the Father 2.


“For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named” Ephesians 3:14-15(KJV)

All through the scriptures, we observe that the Bible way to pray is being shown us. Firstly, we see that when we pray we must speak words. Secondly, we see that we do not pray to Jesus or the Holy Spirit, but instead we pray to the Father in the Name of Jesus.

When you read through the gospels, you would notice that every time Jesus prayed, He spoke words and He starts by calling God Father. Also, reading through the epistles, you will find the same thing being practiced by the Apostle Paul. When he prayed, just like we see in our opening scripture, he prayed to the Father.

In Ephesians 1:16-17, Paul the Apostle said in his prayer, “Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him.” So the Bible way to pray is to pray to the Father in the Name of Jesus.

Therefore, when ever you pray, always pray to the Father. This is because, one thing I have come to understand as a believer and also as a minister is the fact that when you want to see kingdom results, whatever you do must be consistent with the Word of God.

Prayer
Dear Father I thank you because you have filled me with the knowledge of your will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. I thank you for I walk worthy of you: pleasing you in every way. I thank you for I am fruitful in every good work and I am increasing in the knowledge of you, being strengthened with all might according to your glorious power unto all patience with endurance and joyfulness in Jesus Name. Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 1:16-17, Ephesians 3:14-16, Philippians 1:2-9, Colossians 1:3-9.

Doing the Word
Pray these Pauline prayers in Ephesians 1:17, Ephesians 3:16, Philippians 1:9 and Colossians 1:9 for yourself today.  


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION