Monday 10 June 2013

You have a blank cheque.


“And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.” John 16:23(KJV)

Our opening scripture reveals to us in Jesus’ own words that we do not pray to Him, instead He tells us to pray to the Father in His Name. We love Jesus, we fellowship with Him, we honor Him, but we pray to the Father.

Jesus said, “Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.” That is a blank cheque Jesus has given to us before the Father. There was a time my wife and I made a list to the Father because I figured out that if God doesn't know exactly what we want, He is not going to provide what we want because we didn't ask Him. For instance, if you don’t know my school fees, then how can you pay my school fees? 

So, in order for my wife and I to be specific in our asking, we made a list of all the things we needed and we prayed over it in agreement. In less than two weeks after that day, I traveled to Benin and I ministered there to the brethren. On a Thursday during those meetings, I was speaking on the great commission not on giving, but God spoke to a lady to go to the market and buy everything that we needed. She bought everything that we wrote down on our list. How did she know? Jesus said, “Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.” 

Prayer
Dear Father I believe I receive all that I will ask for today in the Name of Jesus according to the Words of Jesus which says, “Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.” So shall it be in Jesus Name.

Further Study
Matthew 7:7, John 14:13-14, John 15:7.

Doing the Word
Therefore, with this understanding, put your faith to work today and make a list of all that you need and thank Him for meeting it. Amen.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION