Monday 17 June 2013

Your prayer life counts 1.


“… But prayer was made without ceasing by the church unto God for him.” Acts 12:5(DRB)

God can do much with a Church that prays much, and God can do little with a Church that prays little.

When I was getting ready for ministry, there was an older brother I had in Church and he called me one day and he started counseling me from time to time knowing that I had the call of God on my life. Then I asked him during one of those sessions, “Sir, why are you interested in me? Not much people seem to be interested in me.” Then he answered and said, “Only wise men see the star.” In other words, in the early phases of a great ministry, many people do not recognize it. Then he said to me, “Ministry begins on the knees, it is sustained on the knees  and it is consummated on the knees.” I can never forget those words.

Prayer is the secret of most great leaders. How can you lead a cell or be a leader in the House of God without been a person of prayer? Having an effective prayer life, will not only help you to be a productive leader in God’s house, but it will also help you to sense and know what God is doing per time and also help you to make choices and decisions that are consistent with God’s will for your life.

Having an effective prayer life would also help you to sense evil before it happens so that you can pray about it and avert such danger from coming to pass in your life, in your city and to your loved ones.  Whenever you have such signals from your spirit please spend time praying till you have a note of victory. Your prayer may just be all that is needed to spare someone’s life.

Prayer
Dear Father I ask that you always make my heart sensitive to the emotions of the Spirit so I can pick the signals of your Spirit so that I can have an effective prayer life enabling me to be productive and effective in your will for my life in Jesus Name. Amen.

Further Study
Acts 12:1-17, 2 Corinthians 1:11, Ephesians 6:18, James 5:16.

Doing the Word
Spend more time praying in the Spirit for this nation, the salvation of souls, other believers, your family, your Church, your Pastor, and concerning God’s will for your life.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION