Thursday 6 June 2013

Pray based on the Word.


“And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the LORD which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee:”
Genesis 32:9(KJV)

 I want you to notice from our opening scripture in the prayer of Jacob that he begins his prayer by bringing God’s Word back to Him. He said, “…the LORD which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee:” This is the right way to pray, but for some people, when they want to pray, the first thing they want to do is to tell God about all their needs and then they wonder why they do not seem to get it on time if they get it or why they don’t get it at all.

This is because there are protocols or principles in respect to prayers that we need to observe. Jacob said in his prayer, “…the LORD which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee:” This shows us that in prayer, we ought to pray based on the Word of God.

Therefore, no matter what you want to pray about and how much you desire that thing, you must pray based on the Word of God. So get the Word of God first about that issue, because it is that Word that will give you confidence when you pray.

Prayer
Dear Father I thank you because your Word is producing in my life what it talks about. I thank you because I am daily been transformed into the image that I see in the Word of God from glory to glory even as by the Spirit of the Lord in Jesus Name. Amen.

Further Study
Nehemiah 1:8-11, Psalm 119:49.

Doing the Word
Find out what the Word of God says concerning the challenge that you have and use that scripture in praying to the Father.  


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION