Friday 12 July 2013

Every man needs a Saviour.



“But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, …”           Galatians 3:11(KJV)

Our opening scripture lets us know that the Bible emphasises again that no man can be justified or made righteous in the sight of God by the law. This is because keeping the law ingratiates pride. This is because some persons will begin to pride in their self righteousness and think that they are better than others, feeling that they do not need a Saviour. But every man needs a Saviour.

The Bible in John 8 narrates a story to us that reveals to each one of us that we all need a Saviour. The Bible records in John 8:3 that the scribes and Pharisees who were the teachers of the law in those days, brought a certain woman to Jesus who was caught in the very act of adultery. They brought the woman to Jesus for Him to condemn her to death by stonning according to the laws of Moses.   But Jesus said to them in John 8:7, “… He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” By this utterance Jesus was saying that you do not have a right to condemn others by the law unless you have kept the whole law without defaulting in any area. But these scribes and Pharisees demanding for the condemnation of this woman had not kept the whole law themselves. So when Jesus said, “… He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” They were all convicted by their own conscience from the eldest to the last and they all left. In other words, both the old and the young were all guilty before God based on the law, revealing their need for a Saviour.

Therefore I want you to respond to the call of the Lord Jesus to you reading this devotional in Matthew 11:28 saying, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” The Bible says in 1 John 1:9, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”  

Prayer
Dear Father, I humbly acknowledge that it is by your grace that I have being saved. It is not by the works of righteousness which I have done, but it is by your mercy I have been saved by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit. Thank you Father for making me righteous by faith in Jesus Name. Amen.  

Further Study
Psalm 130:3-4, Psalm 86:5, Isaiah 55:7, Jeremiah 31:34, Ephesians 1:7, Colossians 1:14

Doing the Word
If you have not being born again please pray the prayer of salvation below:  “O God, I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe that He is the Son of God. I believe that He died for my sins. I believe with all my heart that God raised Jesus Christ from the dead on the third day for my justification. I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is my Lord. I take Him as my Lord and personal savior. Jesus, come into my heart, make me a new person. I receive eternal life into my spirit even now. I declare that I am righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. Amen.”

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION