Saturday 6 July 2013

Lean on the Holy Spirit

“The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.” 
2 Corinthians 13:14(KJV)


From our opening scripture, the Lord speaking through the Apostle Paul admonishes us to be conscious of the grace of God. This is because your faith will only be as strong as your knowledge of the grace of God, because grace is the goodness of God. Grace is the goodness of God made availably to us because of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.  

He also admonishes us to be conscious of the love of God and the communion of the Holy Spirit. The word communion in the Greek means partnership. In other words, God wants us to be conscious of the partnership of the Holy Spirit with us. And you know that when you talk about partnership, every one has a part. So the Holy Spirit wants to be a part of your life. He wants to partner with you in all that concerns you.


The word communion in the Greek also means contribution. This means that the Holy Spirit wants to contribute to your success. Communion in the Greek also means participation. This means that the Holy Spirit wants to participate in your life. He doesn't want you to carry your burdens alone. He wants to help you.

Therefore if in your life you are stressed and burdened, it means that you are not leaning on the Holy Spirit. This is because the Bible tells us in Matthew 11:28, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” So I encourage you to connect with the partnership of the Holy Spirit and begin to enjoy a life of rest.

PRAYER
Dear Father I thank you for sending the Holy Spirit to me and His ministry in my life. I thank you for the Holy Spirit teaches me how to profit and I am daily encouraged by Him, I thank you for the counsels from your Spirit and His help for all life's challenges. I receive the comfort of the Spirit today and rest from all my struggles in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:
John 1:16, Romans 1:7, Romans 5:5, John 14:15-17,26, Acts 9:31, Romans 8:26-27, Romans 15:13.  

DOING THE WORD
Partner with the Holy Spirit in all that you do today.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION