Saturday 6 July 2013

Take on the yoke of Christ.

“Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.”       
Matthew 11:29(KJV)


In our opening scripture, Jesus encourages us to take His yoke. Why is it important for us to be yoked with Jesus and learn of Him? It is because that is the only way we can find rest for our souls. This means that the individual that is burdened is not taking on the yoke of Christ.

How do you take on the yoke of Christ? You take on the yoke of Christ by submitting to His Lordship and authority over your life. In other words, you let Jesus Christ have the final say in your life. It is time for you to stop struggling in life on your own, come under the control and leadership of Jesus today and all your struggles will come to an end.


Jesus said we should learn from Him, for He is meek and lowly in heart. This therefore means that the way out of my stress begins with submission to Christ authority. This is because only the humble will learn. True humility is expressed in a willingness to learn, receive and adapt to divine instructions. It is when you yield to divine instructions that you will find rest for your soul.

PRAYER
Precious Father I lay aside all my burdens and I take on the yoke of Christ by chossing to submit to His Lordship and authority over my life. I chose the way of the Lord and I let Jesus have the final say in my life to the glory and praise of God in Jesus Name. Amen.  

For further study read:
2 Corinthians 10:5, Hebrews 5:9, Ephesians 4:21,
John 13:15-17.

DOING THE WORD
Submit your life to the Lordship and authority of Jesus.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION