Saturday 6 July 2013

Sufficient grace

“For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness…”                           
2 Corinthians 12:8-9(KJV)  


In our opening scripture, Paul the Apostle says He made a request to the Lord about a challenge he had and the Lord repeatedly said to him, “My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” The Lord told him that His grace is sufficient for him. In other words the Lord was saying that my grace is enough for you.

For this reason I want you to know today that you have got sufficient grace for whatever you may be going through today that looks like a challenge to you. Paul like we read in our opening scripture was praying that God should take away the challenge he had at that time, but God told him that he already had sufficient grace to handle it.

Today I want you to understand that God's grace is always flowing towards you. Therefore, always expect the favor of God to always be at work on your behalf for all that concerns you because you are living under God's grace.


Those living under the law those not expect God's favor because they do not believe they are perfect. They are living conscious of their weaknesses and inadequacies and in their own strength, so they do not expect God to favor them because they believe that they are not good enough because of the consciousness of sin in their lives. Why are they struggling? It is because they have not yet accepted the grace of God because they do not understand what the grace of God is. The grace of God is the unmerited favor of God. It is favor that comes to you at Christ expense. This is what saves us. The Bible says, “For it is by God's grace that you have been saved through faith. It is not the result of your own efforts, but God's gift, so that no one can boast about it.” (Ephesians 2:8 GNB).

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for making me the object of your love. Thank you for your mercy and grace that has given me salvation. I chose to daily live under your grace which empowers me above all inadequacies and weaknesses in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:
2 Corinthians 12:10, Colossians 1:29, 1 Timothy 1:14.

DOING THE WORD
Confess that you are what the Word of God says you are in spite of all your inadequacies and weaknesses and receive grace to act accordingly.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION