Monday 29 July 2013

The Calling of Grace

“I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.” 
Acts 22:3(KJV)

Our opening scripture is Paul's declaration about himself. He was a man that was trained by the best teacher of the law whose name was Gamaliel, but when God sent him, he was sent to preach the gospel to the Gentiles who didn't need the knowledge of the law.

Also, when Jesus wanted to chose His disciples, He chose some fishermen who had no training in the law to teach those who were the experts in the law. The Bible says in Acts 4:13, “Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.”

Why did Jesus do that? He did it for our learning. So, wherever you are feeling that you are inadequate, that is where God's grace comes in to make you complete in Christ. That area of your life that you are ashamed of, yield it to the grace of God. It may be in your finances, your health, or any other area of your life, keep on declaring to yourself, “God's grace is sufficient for me and His power is made perfect in my weakness.” When you start talking that way, there will be a supply of strength towards you. This is because in the realm of grace there is constant supply available.

CONFESSION
Dear Father according to your Word which I have received today, I chose to accept your call upon my life because I know that your grace is sufficient for me and your strength is made perfect in my weakness, causing a release of strength towards me. Amen.

For further study read:
Colossians 1:28-29, 1 Timothy 1:14.

DOING THE WORD
No matter the challenge, keep declaring that His grace is sufficient for you.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION