Friday 20 June 2014

The reality of God 1

“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.”
Romans 1:18-19(KJV)


Today it is clear from our opening scripture that everybody is born with an inner knowledge of the reality of God. This is because the Bible says in Romans 1:19, “… that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.” This means that there is no unbeliever that can say, “I don't believe in God” without having a conviction from his conscience. There is the consciousness of the reality of God in the life of every unbeliever.

There was a time a minister of God was preaching the gospel in the American military and a young man came to him and said, “Am an atheist, I don't believe that there is a God.” The minster answered and said to him, “you know there is a God, but you just want to deny it.” After that conversation, that same young man later came to him at night crying and said, “I know there is a God, but I don't just want to accept it because I just can't live right.” The minister then showed him how much God loved him from the Bible and then led him to Christ.

From this fact we can see that atheism is not the belief of the non-existence of God, it is rather the denial of the existence of God. This is because “… that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.”

CONFESSION
I believe in One God who created the heavens and the earth. I believe in the trinity; God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. I believe in Jesus Christ that He is the only true God and eternal life. He is the Saviour of the world and He is the Lord of my life. In Him I live, in Him I move, in Him I have my being.

For further study read:
Psalm 14:1, Isaiah 45:5-6, Isaiah 45:18, 1 John 5:7-13, 20.

DOING THE WORD
Always be bold to declare your faith in God.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION