Tuesday 8 October 2019

Consecration 3


“Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.”          Luke 17:33 (NKJV)

Today I want to begin to challenge you with the stories of men in our day who were willing to commit to the fulfillment of their dreams till death and they became phenomenal successes in the process.

One of such men is Nelson Mandela of South Africa. When he was brought before the court during the apartheid, one of the things he said was that the course he stood for was one he was willing to live for and if necessary, die for. That same man eventually became the President of South Africa. Are you willing to live for your dream and if necessary to die for it? It has been said that fair weather entrepreneurs never get anywhere. Don't pursue your dreams until you are ready to commit with all you have. I have committed to my vision with everything.

I remember the first time I just relocated to Bayelsa by divine instruction, I instructed that they should give away all the things I left back in Benin where I lived, apart from a few clothes and my Christian materials. I gave away all other things because I didn't want to have anything to go back to. By so doing, I burnt my bridges. Have you burnt your bridges?

There was a General in an army that went to war with his men. When they got to the battle field, he burnt the ships that brought them. By so doing he was burning their bridges so that his men would have no other option than to fight to victory because there was no way to go back, so they knew they had to win.

Prayer of Commitment
Dear Father in the Name of Jesus, thank You for calling me and the dreams, goals, aspirations and the visions you've put in my heart. Today, I yield myself to your plans your purposes for my life. I make a commitment never to walk away from the calling on my life. I receive grace to follow through with it. I am willing to be willing to follow through. Father, help me to finish this calling and You will be proud of me, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
Mark 8:35-37, John 12:25, Revelation 2:10.

Doing the Word
Stop looking back. Burn your bridges and focus on your God-given assignment.

To order for a hard copy of "A Word In Due Season" Call: +2348033827072,
                 +2348051204708

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION