Friday 11 October 2019

Credibility 2



“Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, …”
Acts 6:3a.

Our opening scripture shows us that credibility is indispensable in leadership. People follow those they trust. Billy Graham said, “If a man loses his wealth, he has lost nothing. If he loses his health, he has lost something. But if he loses his integrity he has lost everything.”

Credibility breeds trust because when people trust you they can die for you. I encourage you not to trade in your character for anything.

When you study your Bible, you will notice that Samuel the Prophet led Israel during his days with credibility and as a result Israel was loyal to his leadership. When he became old and made his sons Judges, Israel rejected their leadership because they lacked credibility. The Bible says, “… they turned aside after dishonest gain, took bribes, and perverted justice.” 1 Samuel 8:3 (NKJV). That is what happens when leaders lack credibility; the people begin to rebel.
Samuel’s leadership was so credible that all of Israel could not find any fault in him. He said to them, “And now here is the king, walking before you; and I am old and gray headed, and look, my sons are with you. I have walked before you from my childhood to this day. Here I am. Witness against me before the Lord and before His anointed: Whose ox have I taken, or whose donkey have I taken, or whom have I cheated? Whom have I oppressed, or from whose hand have I received any bribe with which to blind my eyes? I will restore it to you." And they said, "You have not cheated us or oppressed us, nor have you taken anything from any man's hand." 1 Samuel 12:2-4.

Prayer
Dear Father, I receive grace to finish my course without reproach, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read: 
Romans 12:17-21, Galatians 5:19-26, 1 Peter 5:1-6.

Doing the Word.
Walk in integrity and live above reproach.

To order for a hard copy of "A Word In Due Season" Call: +2348033827072,
                 +2348051204708


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION