Saturday 12 October 2019

Develop Character 1



“Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.”
John 15:3.

One of the ways to develop your character is by having a vital and quality relationship with the Word of God. This is important because your character is the sum total of your personality; which is a reflection of the way you think. So if you are going to change the way you behave, you must change the way you think. That is where the Word of God comes in because you renew your mind with the Word of God.

The Word of God will produce holiness in you. The more I expose myself to the Word of God, the more I change. Psalm 119:7 says, “I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.” Don't just read your Bible for knowledge, read it for transformation. When I read the Bible, I read it for change because I know that the more I change the greater influence I will have. This is because God will not expose you beyond where your character can keep you. Hence, if you grow your character, you will grow your capacity to be exposed.

When last did you read your Bible? If you want to grow your character you must realize that growth is intentional; it requires a commitment.

Psalm 119:9-11 says, “Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.”

Prayer.
Dear Father, I ask that You grant me wisdom and revelation from Your Word to me today for transformation of my life and character, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read: 
Psalm 119:97-105, Ephesians 5:26-27, James 1:21-25.

Doing the Word
Fellowship with the Word of God.

To order for a hard copy of "A Word In Due Season" Call: +2348033827072,
                 +2348051204708


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION