Saturday 26 October 2019

Develop Competence 2



“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
2 Timothy 2:15.

If you want to fulfill your call, then you must be committed to developing your competence in your call. That was what Paul was stressing to his son Timothy in our opening scripture. That is also true for you today. If you want to develop your competence one of the things you must do is study.

Another time Paul said to Timothy in 1 Timothy 4:13a (AMP), “Till I come, devote yourself to [public and private] reading …” This reveals that you must diligently study along the lines of your calling. You must keep raising the level of your competence in your calling, which is what will give you international influence.

Your competence gives credibility to your calling. This is because if you cannot deliver in what you said you have been called to do, you will lack credibility. How can you say you have been called to heal as a minister and nobody gets healed under your ministry? You will lack credibility. Knowing your call is not enough, you must be committed to developing your competence in that area. Competence is your ability to carry out effectively what you have been called to do.

When the Lord gave me the healing commission on November 22nd 2002, immediately I began to study on healing like never before. I read healing books and scriptures like never before in order to develop my competence. I can tell you the first place healing was used in the Bible. Also, knowing I had a prophetic ministry, I studied the word prophet in the Bible, I read books on the ministry of a prophet. I can tell you the first time the word prophet was used in the Bible. All these are important because where there is competence, there will be confidence.

Confession.
Father in the Name of Jesus, I commit to my call. In the Name of Jesus I receive the grace to follow through no matter what happens, that I might become what I was born to be, do what I was born to do and have what I was born to have, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read: 
Proverbs 1:5, Proverbs 9:9-10(MSG),                  Acts 18:24-26,

Doing the Word
Keep improving and raising your leadership ability.

To order for a hard copy of "A Word In Due Season" Call: +2348033827072,
                 +2348051204708


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION