Wednesday 9 October 2019

Consecration 4



“So I run straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I fight to win. I'm not just shadow-boxing or playing around. Like an athlete I punish my body, treating it roughly, training it to do what it should, not what it wants to.”
1 Corinthians 9:26-27 (TLB).

Our opening scripture shows us the discipline required to win in the fight of life. Have you ever heard of the man Mahatma Ghandhi of India? He was willing to die for the course he stood for and without firing any bullet, they were able to humble the strongest empire in the world at that time because he was willing to die for it. Are you willing to die for your dream?

How committed are you to the fulfilment of your dreams and goals? If you are fully committed, you will take the discipline required; you will get up to fast and pray for that vision as a pastor or as a business man or woman. For instance, look at the life of Hyundai? He was a man who had only ninth grade education yet became a very wealthy business man. What made it possible? When he was a laborer he will fast and pray asking God for ideas. As God gave him these ideas and as he implemented them, he began to prosper. That was the secret to his success.

When will you fight for your dream? The dream you are unwilling to fight for will never be realized. How much do you want to see your dream come to pass? It will drive you to read and stay awake at night when others are sleeping. That was what kept me awake at night as a young man reading, while I was still living with my parents. My mother will come to the living room at night and still find me awake reading. She will come and plead with me to go to sleep or  she will not sleep, so for her sake I will go to sleep. My vision was burning in my heart as I thought of the whole world, so I knew I had to read to prepare for the future ahead of me. What about you? 

You cannot get ahead in life without fighting for your dream and vision.

Confession.
In the Name of Jesus, I declare that I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. Amen. I am strengthened to do all I ought to do and to meet all the demands of my calling, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

For further study, read: 
Proverbs 10:4, Proverbs 12:24, Proverbs 13:4, Proverbs 21:5, 1 Corinthians 15:57-58 (NIV).

Doing the Word.
Fight for your dream with diligence.

To order for a hard copy of "A Word In Due Season" Call: +2348033827072,
                 +2348051204708


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION