Thursday 24 October 2019

Develop Character



“As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.”
John 17:18-19.

I believe by now you have committed to your call. If you have sincerely done that from your heart, the next important thing for you to do is to ensure that you develop your character. Take your character development seriously like you learnt earlier in the month because without a solid character, you cannot gain credibility. Credibility breeds trust and when people trust you as a leader, they can die for you.

I beg you not to trade your character for the fleeting passions of this life like Samson who eventually lost everything because he lost character. Be like Joseph who stuck to character at the expense of losing everything and eventually gained much more, including the fulfilment of his destiny.

The onus is on you to make the difference where it counts by upholding integrity and consistency of character no matter the cost. Remember the words of Billy Graham who said, “If a man loses his wealth, he has lost nothing. If he loses his health, he has lost something. If he loses his integrity he has lost everything.”

Therefore, if you do not develop your character, you may never fulfil your destiny.

Prayer.
Dear Father, in the Name of Jesus, I am committed to the process of becoming the leader you want me to be. Holy Spirit, increase my knowledge, increase my wisdom, increase my skill in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Thank You Father for teaching me how to develop my character, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NLT), 1 Timothy 4:12,
 2 Timothy 2:20-26.

Doing the Word
I encourage you to go back and read the devotional for the 12th, 13th and 14th of October and practice what it teaches.

To order for a hard copy of "A Word In Due Season" Call: +2348033827072,
                 +2348051204708


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION