Tuesday 5 November 2013

If God forgives, then He still heals.

“Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;”
Psalm 103:2-3(KJV)


From our opening scripture, the Bible reaffirms our conviction in the truth that God forgives all our iniquities, and heals all our diseases.

It is important you know and understand why the Bible talks about God forgiving us, before He heals us. It is because, when you feel condemned, you cannot receive from God. This is why some Christians find it difficult to receive these benefits from God. It is because, the consciousness of sin, and the condemnation of satan, has corrupted their minds from the generosity in Christ.

In 1 John 3:20-21, the Bible says, “For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.” So you see that when our hearts does not condemn us, it is then we have confidence towards God. So it is obvious why God deals with the issue of forgiveness first, before healing.

When you study your Bible from Matthew 9:1-8, Mark 2:1-12 and Luke 5:18-25, you will see the story of the man that was paralyzed. You will notice, that the first thing Jesus said to Him was, “… Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.” (Luke 5:20) This shows you that Jesus is more willing to forgive you, than you are willing to receive your forgiveness.

When you study the references given above of the paralyzed man, you will observe that Jesus healed the man to show that He had forgiven the man. Therefore, I want you to know that, so long as God still forgives sins, He still heals today.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for your faithfulness and loving kindness towards me. I live my life conscious of the truth in 1 John 1:9 that if I confess my sins, You are faithful and just to forgive me my sins, and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Therefore I lay claim on my forgiveness, healing and well being for my body in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:
Psalm 107:18-20, Isaiah 33:24, Isaiah 53:5,
Jeremiah 17:14.

DOING THE WORD
God loves you. Make it your confession, and guard your heart by it.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION