Wednesday 11 May 2016

Do not trust money

Wednesday, May 11th
Do not trust money.

“Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;”
1 Timothy 6:17  

Today, I want to charge you according to the Word of God not to put your hope and trust in money which is referred to in our opening scripture as uncertain riches. When you put your trust in money, you are putting confidence in an unstable foundation.

Your faith should not be in the value of the currency of your nation in the international market. No matter the value of the naira as against the dollar, I will still live life at God's level because my faith is not in money but in the living God, who gives me freely all things to enjoy.

I heard of a church in Zimbabwe who inspite of the economic downturn in that nation was able to build one of the finest churches in the world, and they are also on television in many nations. How were they able to do that in the midst of the recession they were having in that nation? That is what I am teaching you today; their hope and confidence was not in money. Today that church is so prosperous that Americans listen to that dear minster because of the results the Word of God has produced in his ministry.

The question I will like to ask you in the midst of the economic challenges in our day is this, “who is your God?” For me, my God is not a Nigerian. The Bible says that God is a Spirit (John 4:24) therefore the economic challenges in the world does not affect the economy of my God, therefore since I am hooked to God's economy I will continue to prosper and do well no matter what is happening around me. My path is the path of the righteous and it shines more and more unto the perfect day. Praise God.    

Confession.
In the Name of Jesus, I declare according to my faith in Proverbs 4:18 that my path is the path of the just and it shines more and more unto the perfect day. I am making unhindered progress by the power of God's Spirit. Amen.

For further study, read:
Proverbs 23:4-5, Proverbs 11:28, Jeremiah 9:23-24.

Doing the Word
Maintain your faith and confidence in the Word of God inspite of the pressures of the economy.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION