Saturday 7 May 2016

Giving and Receiving 1

Saturday,  May 7th
Giving and receiving 1.

“Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only. For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account. But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God. But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 4:15-19

The Apostle Paul declared “… my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Why did he make this declaration and to whom? He made that declaration over the Macedonian Church in response to the seed they sowed into his life. This teaches us a principle of scripture that the way out of your need is a seed. The blessing of the Lord is a harvest, and every harvest is preceded by a seed.

The Macedonian church did not give just because they had so much they could part with; they gave because they had come to know God as their source. Giving was their lifestyle even when they were in need. The Bible shows us this in 2 Corinthians 8:1-5, “Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia; How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality. For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves; Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints. And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God.”

Prayer.
Dear Father, I thank you because I am excelling also in this grace that was upon the Macedonian Church. I have received grace to be a cheerful, joyous and prompt to do it giver, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
2 Corinthians 9:6-8, 2 Corinthians 9:10,
Galatians 6:6.

Doing the Word
Whenever God specifies a seed for you to give, give it promptly because your seed releases a harvest.



0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION