Monday 16 May 2016

Take a real rest

Monday, May 16th
Take a real rest.

“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest.” Matthew 11:28(MSG)

A lot of people complain about been stressed, and I know what it means to be there. Anytime I am stressed the Lord always makes me know that I am not leaning on Him. If you want to take a real rest, then lean on the Lord. Cast all your cares on Him because He cares for you (1 Peter 5:7).

Matthew 11:28(AMP) says, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]” In Matthew 11:29 the Lord says, “Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, …” This shows that if you are stressed on the road to success, there is something you do not know. The Lord tells you to take His yoke upon you; in other words, He wants you to partner with Him. When you are in partnership with the Lord, your life will be free from painful toiling.

There are principles that you learn from Jesus that will bring you into productive and fruitful rest. These principles are found in the scriptures and some of them is what we are bringing to you in this devotional, as you learn to apply them you will begin to experience success without stress.

Prayer.    
Dear Father, I let go of my own way in trying to be successful by human effort. Show me what I do not know and help me to maintain consistency in the principles I have already learnt, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
 Psalm 37:1-5, Psalm 55:22, Jeremiah 6:16.

Doing the Word
Cast all your cares on Him because He cares for you.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION