Sunday 8 May 2016

Giving and receiving 2

Giving and receiving 2.
Sunday, May 8th
“I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.”
Acts 20:35

Our Lord Jesus said that, “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” The Contemporary English Version puts it this way, “… "More blessings come from giving than from receiving."” So the person who is more blessed is the giver. So, the giver will always be more blessed than those who do not give.

The level at which you give today is a prediction of where you will be placed tomorrow. The earlier you learn these principles and begin to practice them the more blessings you will experience in your future. In 2007, I met an old friend who grew up in the same church with me. When we were younger, we made vows for our church building but he gave more than most of us at that time. When I met him in 2007, it was eleven years after we gave for our church building and he was obviously prosperous, then God reminded me of his giving in his younger days. His giving as a young man strategically positioned

him in life. That inspired me to become a more radical giver at that time because I saw that it was actually my responsibility to create a more prosperous future for myself by my giving. I encourage you to do the same because more blessings come from giving than from receiving.

Prayer.
Dear Father, I ask that you teach me to number my days that I might apply my heart unto wisdom, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
Luke 6:38, Hebrews 13:16, Ephesians 4:28.

Doing the Word.
Create the future you want by your giving.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION