Thursday 5 May 2016

Why should you tithe?

Thursday, May  5th
Why should you tithe?

“Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it”
Malachi 3:8-10

One practical way which shows that you truly recognize God as your source is tithing. Do you tithe? If you do not tithe the Bible says you are robbing God. Your tithe is ten percent of every increase that you receive financially. We give it to the Lord as an act of worship and honour to Him as the source of the increase we received in the first place.

When you give your tithe, you activate financial abundance and the rest of what you have left will be preserved from loss. Malachi 3:11-12 says, “And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.”

Tithing is not an Old Testament practice because it existed before the Old Testament began. Abraham the Father of faith tithed; therefore we who are children of Abraham ought to tithe because it activates financial abundance and it is a physical demonstration of our faith in God as our source. See Genesis 14:19-20.

Prayer.
Dear Father, I choose to recognize you and you alone as my source and only resource. Therefore, I choose to be a doer of your Word by committing to tithing faithfully from this day forward. As I do, may all the blessings of a tither become evident in my life and in all I lay my hands to do, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
Genesis 28:20-22, Genesis 14:18-20, Hebrews 6:20, Hebrews 7:1-17.

Doing the Word
Tithe faithfully.  



0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION