Wednesday 4 December 2019

Keep His Commandments




“but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.”   Exodus 20:6 (NKJV).

Our opening scripture reveals that in the kingdom of God, to love God is to keep His commandments. To love God is to obey Him. Deuteronomy 5:10 (NKJV) says, “but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments."

Upholding the same principle, Jesus said in John 14:21 (NKJV), “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."

These scriptures above show that in the kingdom of God, the proof of love for God is unreserved obedience. This means that when you love God, you are willing to go all the way for Him. Also when you love God with such devotion and unreserved obedience, He will manifest Himself to you. In other words, He will reveal Himself to you.

“Judas (not Judas Iscariot, but his other disciple with that name) said to him, "Sir, why are you going to reveal yourself only to us disciples and not to the world at large?" Jesus replied, "Because I will only reveal myself to those who love me and obey me. The Father will love them too, and we will come to them and live with them. Anyone who doesn't obey me doesn't love me. And remember, I am not making up this answer to your question! It is the answer given by the Father who sent me.” John 14:22-24 (TLB).

Therefore, if you want to know Jesus, I encourage you to just walk in love and whatever the Bible teaches you to do, do it.

Prayer.
Dear Father, I ask that You cause Your love to constrain my heart at all times to do Your Word and Your will always, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

For further study, read: John 14:15, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6.

Doing the Word 
Do what God says not what you want. Follow divine instructions.

To order for a hard copy of "A Word In Due Season"
Call: +2348033827072,
         +2348951204708.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION