Saturday 7 December 2019

What Is Love? 2


"Take your son, your only son—yes, Isaac, whom you
love so much—and go to the land of Moriah. Go and
sacrifice him as a burnt offering on one of the
mountains, which I will show you."
Genesis 22:2 (NLT)

God's description of Isaac to Abraham in our
opening scripture lets us see that love is an
affectionate devotion or addiction to someone or something.

When you meet someone who loves sports, you can
tell because of their affectionate addiction and
devotion to sports.

If you have an affectionate emotion to someone or
something, it means you love that person or thing.
This could also refer to sexual affection between
husband and wife as seen in Genesis 24:67 (NLT)
which says, “And Isaac brought Rebekah into his
mother Sarah's tent, and she became his wife. He
loved her deeply, and she was a special comfort to
him after the death of his mother.”

Today, I encourage you to set your love towards
God and make Him your utmost addiction becauseof
this principle; “The one you love is the one who
will deliver you in the day of trouble.” This was
why the Psalmist said, "Because he has set his love
upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him
on high, because he has known My name.” Psalm
91:14 (NKJV).

Don't love things or anyone more than you love
God. I learnt something from a man of God many
years ago, he said, “I have never spent on myself or
given to anyone what I have not given to God.”
Think about it. That is the same principle I practice. I
have never worn on my body what I have not given
to God. I have never bought what I have not given to
God. What about you? If you are to judge your love
for God based on this principle, can you say you
really love God?

Prayer.
Dear Father, I ask that You make my love for you
abound more and more in knowledge and in all
judgment, in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
Mark 12:30, Psalm 91:14-16, Romans 8:28.

Doing the Word.
Prioritize God above all else and make Him first
in your life.

To order for a hard copy of "A Word In Due Season"
Call: +2348033827072,
         +2348951204708.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION