Wednesday 11 December 2019

Lust



“… David's son Absalom had a beautiful sister
named Tamar, and David's son Amnon was
infatuated with her. Amnon was frustrated to the
point of making himself sick over his sister Tamar
because she was a virgin, but it seemed impossible to
do anything to her. Amnon had a friend named
Jonadab, a son of David's brother Shimeah. Jonadab
was a very shrewd man, and he asked Amnon, "Why
are you, the king's son, so miserable every morning?
Won't you tell me?" Amnon replied, "I'm in love
with Tamar, my brother Absalom's sister." Jonadab
said to him, "Lie down on your bed and pretend
you're sick. When your father comes to see you, say
to him, 'Please let my sister Tamar come and give me
something to eat. … David sent word to Tamar at
the palace: "Please go to your brother Amnon's
house and prepare a meal for him." Then Tamar
went to his house while Amnon was lying down. …
She brought the pan and set it down in front of him,
but he refused to eat. Amnon said, "Everyone leave
me!" And everyone left him. "Bring the meal to the
bedroom," Amnon told Tamar, … When she brought
them to him to eat, he grabbed her and said, "Come
sleep with me, my sister!" "Don't, my brother!" she
cried. "Don't humiliate me, for such a thing should
never be done in Israel. Don't do this horrible thing!
Where could I ever go with my disgrace? And
you—you would be like one of the immoral men in
Israel! Please, speak to the king, for he won't keep
me from you." But he refused to listen to her, and
because he was stronger than she was, he raped her.
After this, Amnon hated Tamar with such intensity
that the hatred he hated her with was greater than
the love he had loved her with. "Get out of here!" he
said.”
2 Samuel 13:1-15 (HCSB)

Lust is not love. Lust is an intense driving
desire to satisfy the cravings of the flesh. You know you are in lust when all you are
thinking about is to satisfy your flesh and physical
appetite. That is what we see in our opening
scripture. Therefore, as a man or woman, you know
you are in lust when all you are thinking about is
how to go to bed with the one you say you love
especially if you are not married to them. That is lust
not love.

Lust is selfish and self-seeking. So if the thought to
sleep with anyone before marriage ever comes to
your heart, that is a lustful thought. It is not love.

Prayer.
Dear Father I ask that Your love which is selfgiving
and self-sacrificing is stirred up on my
inside right now, in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study, read:
1 Corinthians 6:9, 13, 18, Ephesians 5:3,
1 Thessalonians 4:3, Hebrews 12:16, Hebrews 13:4.

Doing the Word.
Stop nursing that lustful thought to lie with
someone you are not married to.

To order for a hard copy of "A Word In Due Season"
Call: +2348033827072,
         +2348951204708.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION