Sunday 8 July 2012

Live for your purpose.


“For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.” Jeremiah 29:11 (AMP).

God has plans for you before you were born. You were born for a purpose. Find out that purpose and fulfill it. Remember that God will reward you according to what He has called you to do. But if you do not fulfill your purpose, how will you get your reward?
For instance, let’s assume I employed brother A, to be my secretary. But every time I look at his duty post, he is never there. If he continues that way, he will lose his job. Why? He did not do what he was employed to do. Same thing with life. God has made you for a special purpose. When you live for God’s purpose, you prolong your days. Living for God’s purpose, adds value to your life.
In Acts 27, when Paul’s ship was attacked by a typhoon, why did Paul not die? He was able to live through the storm, because of purpose. God’s purpose for His life was not over. So, he was able to see a future. That’s why I know I can’t be killed. Why? I am living for the reason why I was born, and when you locate it and live in it, no man in this world can stop you.
      Joshua 1:5 says, “There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”
In other words, so long as you live for this destiny, no man born of a woman will be able to kill you.
What about Joseph, why was he not killed by his brothers who hated him? Or by Potiphere, when he was accused of rape by Potipher’s wife? He had a purpose, and he was living in that purpose. Therefore, all the wrong things that happened to him, only helped in moving him closer to the fulfillment of God’s dream for his life. This tells me that there is no disadvantage for the man who is living in God’s purpose for his life.
So, find your purpose and live in it, because that is the reason you were born. Remember that living in your purpose adds value to your life; it also helps to prolong your days, and be assured that there is a reward that awaits you when you fulfill your purpose.  

Confession.
Lord I thank you for I can no longer be disadvantaged in my life because I live my life daily in your purpose. Therefore, all things work together for my good, because I love God, and I am the called according to His purpose.

Read: Acts 13:25a, Acts 20:24, 2 Timothy 4:7-8.

Doing the word.
Stay focused on your purpose and live for it. 

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION