Saturday 21 July 2012

You are God’s garden.



“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” Hebrews 10:25 (KJV).

Why does the bible admonish us not to forsake the assembly of ourselves together? This is because we are God’s garden and He wants our lives to be well cultivated with His word.

 For instance, if I was not a Pastor, First of all, I will locate the church for me and I would never miss a service. Do you know why? The bible says, “… you are God's garden and vineyard and field under cultivation, [you are] God's building” 1 Corinthians 3:9 (AMP).

When God made His first man, He put him in the garden, and in that garden were all the supplies he needed. “And the Lord God planted a garden toward the east, in Eden [delight]; and there He put the man whom He had formed (framed, constituted)” Genesis 2:8 (AMP).

So, if I was not a Pastor, one of the places I would need to find myself is God’s house. This is because my direction for life will be in God’s house. “And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day …” Genesis 3:8.

      When I got my call into the ministry, I was in a service. Before then, I already knew I was called, but I did not know exactly what I was called to do. And when the clarification came on the 5th of April 1996, I was in a service worshipping. Then, God spoke to me these words, “Preach the full message of this new life” (Acts 5:20).

      Are you aware that you can get ideas for your business just by been in God’s house? Many people don’t know why we come to church. They come to church just to fulfill a religious duty. They go to church with this attitude; “today is Sunday, let’s go to church.” When they are in church they are thinking, “let church close and let’s go home.” They forget that, that is the garden where they are nurtured, your ideas are nurtured and refined there, and your vision is also refined there. Get to know this.

      When you come to a service, the Pastor is not the one in charge of the service. It is the Spirit of God. That is why as the Pastor is preaching, and you are in the crowd listening, you can hear a thought given to you, as inspired by God’s Spirit.

If you train yourself to think this way, God will be able to do much with you. Because you would be thinking like Him.

PRAYER
Father I ask that as I increase in my commitment in my service to you with understanding, may my life be beautified and cultivated, and nurtured by the word and God’s Spirit for greater impact. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Read: Isaiah 61:3, Matthew 18:20, 1 Peter 2:5.

DOING THE WORD
Increase your commitment to God and to fellowshipping with other believers in church. Attend all services and special meetings, as you do, God will be cultivating your life for His glory.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION