Thursday 5 July 2012

What’s God’s vision for you.

"Before I shaped you in the womb, I knew all about you. Before you saw the light of day, I had holy plans for you: A prophet to the nations— that's what I had in mind for you."

Jeremiah 1:5 (MSG)

“Vision is a revelation of Gods plan and purpose for your life.”
God has a plan for every life because Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) says, “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” That means, when I know Gods plan, it gives me hope. So, a vision is a promise of hope.
For instance, when God called me, He said “Set forth a standard.” That word reveals my future. It made me know that I will be a standard because He said set forth a standard. Then He said, “Raise me a people”. So, I know I have a mandate to raise a people like Jesus. Now I know why I am alive, because Gods plan and purpose for your life is the reason why you are alive today.
If you want to know the plan of God for your life, who do you go to? God! He knows it. Your parents and your friends may not know it, but God knows it. For example, my father wanted me to be a computer scientist or a doctor, but God wanted me to be a Pastor. So, go to God, for He is the one that knows why you came into this world.

 Jeremiah1:5 says, “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.”
The word formed means to form into shape, to constitute, to fashion. In other words, God is saying here that, before I formed you into shape I knew you. The word ‘know’, in Jeremiah 1:5, means, ‘to be acquainted with’, ‘to recognize’, ‘to care for’ or ‘to ascertain by seeing’. That means God had the picture of you before He formed you. It also means God had the foreknowledge of you before He made you.
The word ‘foreknowledge’ means to know beforehand. So, God knew me before I was born. God knew you before you were born. Praise God.
Jeremiah 1:5 also says, “and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee”. The word sanctified here means to set apart. That means that God has set you apart for His plan before you were born.
The latter part of Jeremiah 1:5 says, “I ordained thee a prophet to the nations.” To ordain in this verse means, God has made you a gift to the nations. That means you are a gift to this world. So, find out God’s plan for your life and begin to live in it today.


Prayer.
Father I thank you for your great plans for me before I was born. May each day bring me into a greater understanding of your plan and purpose for my life, that I may walk in the fullness of it. In Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read: Isaiah 49:1, Romans 1:1.

Doing the word.
Ask God to reveal His plan for your life to you today.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION