Sunday 20 January 2013

His Grace is Sufficient.


“For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.”   
Hebrews 4:15(KJV)

Every one of us goes through one form of temptation or another. Our opening scripture lets us know that even Jesus was tempted in every way yet without sin? He was really tempted, but He was in control because He had convictions. His thoughts were based on the word of God.

You might say I'm not strong that's why I fall when tempted. It's not supposed to be so because the Bible says in 2 Corinthians 12:9, “…My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” That means the strength of God finds perfect expression in the weak one. So, the strongest of us was actually the weakest of us.

For instance, I used to be very shy but now I can stand before crowds and preach and teach. Before, I could not, yet I was intelligent. If I tried to, I will be mumbling. You see, intelligence cannot stand fear because fear will turn an intelligent man to a babbling idiot. But today, I can stand anywhere and minister intelligently and powerfully, why? It is because His strength is made perfect in our weakness.

So, when you find a weakness, you know His strength will be made manifest there. Imagine how God can transform a lady that used to live in sin and begin to use her to rescue others from sin. It's because that place of weakness has actually become a place where God's strength shines through.

Instead of giving reasons why you should stay there; why the problem should continue, change your thinking, and the only way to do it is by the word of God.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you because your grace is sufficient for me and your strength is made perfect in every area of weakness. I declare that I am strong and I refuse to give any excuse for any weakness. I ask that your strength and your grace would shine through every form of weakness in my life and make me a trophy of your grace to deliver others having such weaknesses in Jesus Name, Amen.

For further study read: 
Hebrews 4:14-16 1 Corinthians 10:13, 1 Corinthians 15:10, 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.

DOING THE WORD
Confess that area of weakness to God and receive His grace to live above it.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION