Sunday 20 January 2013

Obey Christ 1.

“… and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ” 
2 Corinthians 10:5(KJV)

Our opening scripture tells us to bring every thought to the obedience of Christ. How do I do that? By accepting who I am in Christ.

For example, let's say a lady have heard words from childhood that she's got no intelligence, that she is stupid and nothing will come out of her. Now all these things said to her have formed a stronghold in her mind; it has formed an imagination, it has formed a high thing against the knowledge of God and it has become a thought. So, how does she obey Christ in such a situation?

The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 2:16, “…we have the mind of Christ.” So, in spite of all those negative words that have been spoken to her, she says, “I have the mind of Christ, for God has not given unto me the spirit of fear, or timidity or cowardice, but of love, of power and a sound mind.” By accepting what the scriptures says about her, she is obeying Christ.

I remember when I was still in the university doing philosophy and logic. Most people knew me because I was an outspoken Christian. One day, the lecturer mockingly said, “Pastors fail my course.”  As a Christian I knew that was not going to be me. So, after the examinations, he saw me and asked, “What was your result?”

I said, “I got an A.” He said no; “you cannot get an A, pastors fail my course.” He went to check it and came back and I found out I even scored higher than I thought because I choose to obey Christ.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I choose to obey Christ and I take your word as final authority in my life over every other contrary evidence. I thank you Father for as I exalt your word it produces the expected result in my life, in Jesus Name, Amen

For further study read:
Galatians 1:13-16.

DOING THE WORD
Accept who you are in Christ and openly reject every other identity.



0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION