Monday 25 July 2016

Truly, truly...

Monday, July 25th Truly, truly, … “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.” John 14:12 Jesus said in our opening scripture, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, …” Some Jewish scholars say that the word 'verily' is used to convince your hearer that what you are saying is very true. So the word 'verily' could also mean 'truly.' This means that, what Jesus is saying to us in our opening scripture is the truth no matter how outlandish or impossible it sounds to the natural man. This means that, every Christian can do the works of Jesus; every Christian can raise the dead. Every Christian can unstop deaf ears and loosen dumb tongues. That is what Jesus is saying. Before the Lord ushered me into the ministry, He told me certain things. One of the verses He gave me before this ministry started was John 14:12, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.” Then He told me, “Raise Me a people.” Afterwards, He spoke to me during a fast, saying, “Raise Me a people who will do my works.” John 14:12 is one of the anchors of my life and one of the anchors of this ministry. Jesus said to us with all certainty that the works that He did shall we do also if we believe in Him, and greater works than these shall we do. This shows us that faith in Christ is access to His ability. Therefore, you can do the same works that Jesus did because you have faith in Him. Live your life with this understanding. Prayer. Dear Father, I thank you because I am strengthened with miracle-working ability according to the riches of your glory, by your Spirit in my inward man to do the works of Christ, in Jesus' Name. Amen. For further study, read: Mark 16:17-18, Luke 10:19, Acts 4:33. Doing the Word Always be confident to pray for the sick, expecting a miracle. Bible reading for today: Matthew chapters 10-12 and John chapters 1-3

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION