Friday 8 July 2016

Do you know Him?

Friday, July 8th Do you know Him? “Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” 2 Timothy 2:19 There is a popular minister in America who said, as she was praying one day thanking the Father (God) that she knows Him, the Lord answered her saying, “You do not know me.” She replied saying that she knows Him because she has raised the dead, healed the sick, etc. The Lord answered and said to her, “You can raise the dead and heal the sick and yet not know me.” This shows you that the miraculous is not the measure of your intimacy with God. Jesus said in Matthew 7:21-23, “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” True intimacy with God will produce integrity in your life and conduct and it will also affect your character. Activity is not also the measure of intimacy with God. This means that someone can just be carrying out religious activity out of duty, not because they are intimate with God. Anyone can claim to know God, but if their life or character is not changing and becoming Christ-like, they do not know Him. Prayer. Dear Father, I ask that my love will abound more and more in knowledge and in all judgment, so that I may approve things that are excellent and that I may remain sincere and without offence till the day of Christ, in Jesus' Name. Amen. For further study, read: John 10:14-15, Philippians 3:8, 1 Timothy 4:16. Doing the Word. Learn to prioritize your spiritual and character development above religious activity. Bible reading for today: Mark chapters 11-15.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION