Sunday 10 July 2016

Change by the Word

Sunday, July 10th Change by the Word. “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.” 2 Corinthians 3:18 If you want to break a bad habit, instead of focusing on your weakness, focus on getting to know Jesus. Therefore as you contemplate Jesus Christ in the Word of God, you will become like Him. What you behold is what you become. Therefore, as you are beholding in the Word of God, the glory of the Lord, you are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. When I came to Christ many years ago, there were many of my friends who also came to Christ but they were having withdrawal symptoms. What this means was that after they were born again, for instance, if they were smokers before they got saved, from time to time they would fall back to smoking until they completely broke out of that addiction to cigarettes. But I noticed that after I got saved, I did not have any withdrawal symptom. I was addicted to the Word of God; always reading my Bible because I wanted to know Jesus. That was how I was transformed and changed completely. It was not laws that changed me; rather it was my knowledge of Christ and who I was in Christ that changed me. That is what will change you as well. The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” If you meditate on that scripture long enough, it will completely change your life the way it changed mine. Instruction. Please read Ephesians 1:17 and pray the prayer for yourself. Doing the Word Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly. Give priority to reading, studying and meditating on the Word of God. Bible reading for today: Matthew chapters 16-20.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION