Saturday 29 August 2015

New Testament heritage 1.


"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:"

Hebrews 8:10

Today we see from our opening scripture that in the New Testament God's laws have been put into our minds and written in our hearts. This debunks the school of thought that we have no law in the New Testament. The Bible says that his laws are in our minds and hearts.

Yes, we are under grace but that does not mean that we do not have any moral code. His moral code is in our hearts. We know what is right and wrong.

Hebrews 8:11-12 says, "And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." That is mercy.

One of the simplest definitions of mercy is divine pardon. Nothing heals people emotionally like when they know that they have been forgiven. Now, not only does God forgive you your sins, He also forgets them. That means that He will never remember your sins. This is because He has chosen in His mercy to do good to the undeserving.

Prayer.

In the Name of Jesus, I receive mercy and God's divine pardon for all my sins and wrong doings. He has forgiven me and He will not remember my sins anymore. From today, I choose to be guided always by God's laws written in my mind and heart. Amen.

For further study read:

Ephesians 2:10, Hebrews 13:20-21, Titus 2:11-14.

Doing the Word

Live right, separate yourself from all ungodliness and worldly lust.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION