Monday 17 August 2015

Made in His image and likeness.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: …"

Genesis 1:26

God made man in His image, after His likeness. This means that if man has emotions and He was made in God's image and likeness, God has emotions. If God is able to love, then God has emotions.

God says in Jeremiah 31:3, "… I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." Love is an emotion. In Nehemiah 8:10, the Bible speaks of the joy of the Lord. Joy also is an emotion.

Zephaniah 3:17 says, "The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing." God joys over you with singing. This means that God sings. It has also been proven scientifically that there is music in our DNA. It is said that even our blood sings. In case you are wondering how that is possible, I want to remind you that the Bible proves it to us that our blood has a voice. When Cain killed Abel in Genesis chapter 4, God said to him in verse 10, "…What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground." This proves that it is possible for our blood to sing because it has a voice. It has also been proven scientifically that music affects your blood pressure and heart rate. Have you also noticed how a baby tends to stop crying and relaxes when you start singing to him? God responds to music (Psalm 149) and so do we.

Confession.In Him I live, in Him I move, in Him I have my being because I am His offspring. I live in Him and He lives in me.

For further study read:

Job 35:10, Ephesians 4:24, Colossians 3:10.

Doing the Word

Fellowship with the Lord today with songs.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION