Wednesday 5 August 2015

He prayed for you.


""Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,"

Jude 1:24

Today, I want you to rely and rest on God's ability to keep you from falling according to our opening scripture.

Jesus knew that there was going to be an attack on Peter's faith so He told Peter in Luke 22:31-32, "... Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren." But Peter, thinking he could rely on his own strength, answered and said in Luke 22:33, "…Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death." Then Jesus revealed to Peter that he would deny Him saying in Luke 22:34, "…I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me."

It was the prayer that Jesus prayed for Peter that kept him from falling away after he denied Him. I also want to let you know that Jesus prayed for you. The prayer of Jesus in John 17 is not just for the apostles but for you as well. Jesus said in John 17:20, "Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;" Jesus still intercedes for you today according to Romans 8:34, "Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." Therefore, trust His grace to keep you from falling and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy.

Prayer.

Dear Father, in the Name of Jesus, I thank you because from your Word I know that you are able to keep me from falling and to present me faultless before the presence of your glory with exceeding joy, Amen.

For further study read:

Jude 1:21, John 10:29, Romans 14:4, Hebrews 7:25

Doing the Word

Thank the Lord for making you stand.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION