Tuesday 4 August 2015

No to condemnation

"…My grace is sufficient for thee: …"

2 Corinthians 12:9

We learnt on Sunday that the grace of God is the goodness of God towards the undeserving. Therefore, if you are reading this devotional as a Christian and you are still feeling condemned by what you did in the past, maybe because of the sins you committed before you were born again, or something you did wrong after you gave your heart to Christ which you have repented from, I encourage you to come out of that condemnation and guilt from your past by coming to grips with the grace of God extended towards you in Christ Jesus.

Let us observe 1 John 1:7(AMP) which was written to those who were already saved. John said, "But if we [really] are living and walking in the Light, as He [Himself] is in the Light, we have [true, unbroken] fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses (removes) us from all sin and guilt [keeps us cleansed from sin in all its forms and manifestations]." This verse shows us that the blood of Jesus cleanses you from all sin and guilt.

Therefore as a Christian, reject all condemnation from the devil from your past mistakes. The Bible says, "If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action]." 1 John 1:9(AMP)

Confession.

Dear Father, I repent and forsake all my sins. Therefore, I believe that the blood of Jesus Christ has washed me as white as snow. By my faith in the blood, I declare that all my sins have been remitted and I am completely cleansed from all unrighteousness. Therefore, every hold of guilt and condemnation is broken off my life today, in Jesus Name.

For further study read:

1 Corinthians 6:11, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 9:14

Doing the Word

Thank the Lord for the blood.

 

 

 

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION