Monday 12 November 2012

Be empowered.


“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.”
Ephesians 6:10(KJV).

In our opening scripture, the Word of God tells us to be strong in the Lord. The word 'strong' there is from the Greek word 'endunamoo' which means; 'to be empowered.' In other words, the Word of God is telling us to be empowered in the Lord. That means that Christ in you is your ability.

The Bible tells us in Joel 3:10, “…let the weak say, I am strong.” So, even when you feel weak, declare that you are strong. This is because the Bible tells us in 2 Corinthians 12:9, “My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness …”  The word strength in this verse, is from the Greek word 'dunamis' which means power. In other words, the Word is saying to you that God's power is made perfect in weakness. So, even when you feel weak, the ability of God is made available to you, if you will learn to see yourself in Christ.

The Bible says to you in Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”  This means that our empowerment and ability comes from Christ.

In Isaiah 40:29-31, “He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:  But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.”

PRAYER
Dear Father, I give you thanks for your ability is at work in me. My strength is daily been renewed by your spirit which strengthens me with might in my inward man. Your grace is sufficient for me and your strength is made perfect in every area of weakness in my life in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read: 
2 Corinthians 12:10, 2 Corinthians 3:5-6, Ephesians 3:14-16, Colossians 1:9-11.

DOING THE WORD
No matter how you feel or what is happening around you, be strong in the Lord as you continue to call yourself what He calls you.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION