Monday 13 August 2012

Do you believe the Word of God?




“So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.”  Hebrews 3:19.
     
The word ‘unbelief’ in our opening scripture is from the Greek word 'apistia.' Apistia means faithlessness or disbelief. So you see that the reason certain Christians are not able to enter into God’s rest in different areas of their lives is because of their unbelief and faithlessness. It   is not because the devil is strong.

The reason many Christians are not getting results in their lives is because they do not believe the word of God, neither are the acting on the word of God. For instance, you get to your friend's house and he says, his brother is beginning to lose his mind. Seeing and hearing that will cause the average Christian to run away. Why? Because he has no faith. Yet the Bible tells us that even the devils are subject unto us. (Luke 10:17) That means that the devil in that guy is subject to you, but because you have not been hearing the word, you have no faith, because faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:17).

When the word of God gets into your spirit, you would not only believe it, you would act upon it. Faith is believing and acting on the word of God. So, you have not heard the word, believed and accepted the word, until you’ve acted on it.

I remembered one time I was standing on a street and a mad man was coming. I wanted to cross over because of the mad man, but the Spirit of God said to me, “No, you don't, he will have to cross over for you.” And while we were standing there, the brother beside me was a little nervous. But the mad man walked towards us, looked at me, turned, crossed the road and passed through the other side.

      That is the Spirit of dominion at work. I believed the word, stood my ground in confidence, and the devils were subject. It should be the same thing for you, your response to God’s word should always be this; “If God said it, I believe it, and that settles it.”

CONFESSION
 The word of God is my life. I believe what the word of God says concerning me above all contrary evidence. The Spirit of dominion is at work in me, for greater is He that is in me than He that is in the word. All devils are my subject, because I have been given authority in Christ trample over all the power of the devil, and nothing shall by any means hurt me.

1 John 4:4, Luke 9:1, Luke 10:17, 1 John 5:4-5.

DOING THE WORD
Listen to your confessions and always see to that you are acting accordingly. If you are not acting accordingly, it means you are not walking by faith.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION