Sunday 12 August 2012

Faith gives access into Rest.



"Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)"  Hebrews 3:7-11

From our opening scripture, we see that the only way into God's rest is by faith. That's the only way.

      Hebrews 3:12 goes on to say, "Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God." That means intimacy with God is impossible without faith. If you are not feeding your faith, you will backslide.

Again verse 18 of Hebrews 3 says, “And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?" This therefore means that if you want to get into financial rest and rest in your health, you enter in by faith. Faith is your access into rest in any area of your life.

God says he that comes to Him must believe. (Hebrews 11:6) So, the life of faith is not negotiable. So, you may come to church, pray, give offerings, and even sow seeds, but if it is not done in faith, it will not please God. So, if all you do is to sow seeds to be known by the Pastor, you are not giving in faith, because when you are known by the Pastor, you’ve got your harvest.

For your giving to be in faith, it has to be in line with the word of God. Therefore, you are giving because the word of God says so. Therefore your giving is in response to the word of God. So, if I am acting on the word, I am walking by faith, because faith is the visible expression of my confidence in God and His word.

So, if you have not been able to enter into what God promised, it is not because the devil is strong, it is not because demons are strong, it is because of unbelief. When you have this knowledge, it streamlines your focus; you now know what to do. So, get the word of God concerning whatever issue you want to deal with, hold on to the word of God and keep acting upon it until you see the desired changes.

CONFESSION
I walk by faith and not by sight. I lay hold on the reality of the word of God to me. I believe, therefore have I received all that God has made available to me in Christ. All things are mine. I live in God’s rest. Therefore, I release angels right now, to go forth right now and cause all that is mine to come to me speedily. Amen.

Hebrews 2:1-3, Hebrews 10:38, Hebrews 11:6.

DOING THE WORD
Maintain a life of faith. Let your worship and your service to God; be in response to the Word of God. Don’t contradict your prayer and your confessions with negative confessions. 

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION