Thursday 30 August 2012

Taking God at His Word.



“The person in charge of the Jewish meeting place was also there. His name was Jairus, and when he saw Jesus, he went over to him. He knelt at Jesus' feet and started begging him for help. He said, "My daughter is about to die! Please come and touch her, so she will get well and live."”              Mark 5:22-23(CEV).

We see from our opening scripture, that Jairus had faith in Jesus. He was certain, without any doubt, that if Jesus would come and lay His hands on His daughter, she shall be healed. That is faith. He didn’t say, “Come and try and let’s see if she would be healed.” He said come and touch her, so she will get well. So, faith works with positive expectation. If you are really in faith, you would always be expecting something good to happen.

For example, let’s say your wife told you she is pregnant, you didn’t need to see the baby to believe. That pregnancy test report becomes an evidence of something not seen. The same thing applies to the life of faith. The word of God is our evidence. It is the evidence of what we do not see. So, if God’s Word says something to you, refuse to doubt. Do not double. To doubt is to double. It also means to weaver between two opinions. When you are that way, do not think that you will receive anything of the Lord. (James 1:6-7)

There are things that you believed for, that you didn’t receive because you doubted. Doubt is an enemy. It will short circuit the power of God and the effect of the word of God in your life. The bible says in Hebrews 10:23, “Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)” So, when you make your confessions, don’t go back on them. Hold on to it inspite of contrary evidence. Your true evidence is the word of God.

CONFESSION
The Word of God is my evidence that what I do not see is real. Because I have the Spirit of faith, I call things which be not as though they were. Therefore, I declare that I am prosperous, I live in health, the blessing of the Lord is evident and heavy upon my life. I am a soul winner. I have good success. I am a giver. I am blessed to be a blessing until all the families of the earth is blessed.

Hebrews 3:6, 14 Hebrews 4:14, I Thessalonians 5:24.

DOING THE WORD
If God says it, I believe it and that settles it.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION