Sunday 19 August 2012

Don’t give up.



“Jesus told them a story showing that it was necessary for them to pray consistently and never quit.”                                                                                                        
Luke 18:1 (MSG)

From our opening scripture, it is made clear to you that God does not want you to quit. In other words, God does not want you to give up, or be discouraged in your life. If you pray, and you do not see a physical manifestation immediately, what should you do? For some others, that is the time to give up. But no! Don’t give up. Hang in there, refuse to quit.


The Bible says, "If you faint not, you shall recieve in due season" (Galatians 6:9). There is a due season for you. God might have spoken to you, but when you look at your life, you may not have seen the manifestation physically. Don’t give up. His word to you shall be fulfilled in their season.  

Many years ago, God told us to get on TV. In obedience, I went to negotiate with NTA. When I was told the amount, I wondered in my mind when we are ever going to get such an amount to pay for our TV broadcast. I was getting myself under pressure. No, when God tells you to do something, don’t get yourself under pressure. You are not the one that brings the word to pass. Your part is to do the believing. And there shall be a performance of that which has been spoken to you of the Lord.

I remember the story of Jessie Duplantis who needed some money because he wanted to get on TV, he said, “even the devil did not believe I will get on TV.” At that time he could not even pay for fuel to fill his car's fuel tank, so you can imagine God telling that kind of man, he was going get on TV. One day, he was walking out of a place and a woman walked up to him and said, “Brother Jessie, please take this.” And the woman gave him something in his hand, he thought it was a 10 dollar note, he never knew it was a cheque for 25,000 dollars. So, when he got into the vehicle on his way home, he opened the cheque, and found out it was a cheque of 25,000 dollars, and he was shocked. It happened just like that, because he refused to give up on his faith. Your best is yet to come, so don’t give up too soon.

PRAYER
Father, I thank you for I know you make all things beautiful in your time, therefore I refuse to worry over anything. But I cast all my cares on you because I know that you care for me. Thank you Father because I know you are bringing holy surprises my way today. In Jesus Name. Amen.  

Ephesians 3:20, 2 Thessalonians 1:11, John 6:28-29, 1Thessalonians 5:24.

DOING THE WORD
Stop trying to figure out how God’s plan for your life is going to be fulfilled. Just trust His faithfulness and remain expectant.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION