Thursday 2 August 2012

Our walk of faith.





"... The just shall live by faith."
Romans 1:17

0ne 0f the elements of a growing Christian is faith. If you are growing, your faith should be growing, and the possibilities of your life would only stretch to the limits of your faith. The NIV translates 1Timothy 1:4 this way; it says that, "... God's work is by faith." This means that the divine activity and the workings of God in your life would be corresponding to your faith.
Faith is so important in the Christian walk. Therefore, what you hear should be building your faith and confidence in God. This is because; your faith affects every area of your life as a Christian. For instance, as a Christian, my giving became easier the more my faith grew. This is because I knew that the resources of God were available to me. So, giving became easier.
The doctrine of faith is so important, that is why the bible says in Hebrews 11:6, But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." This means that my relationship with God is a reflection of my faith in God. My prayer is a reflection of my confidence in God.

Hebrews 11:6 also admonishes us to believe that God is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Who is a rewarder? A rewarder is a giver of wages. That means, God gives wages to those who seek Him. So, when I know that God gives wages to those who seek Him, my attitude changes. The bible says in Exodus 23:25 -26, "And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.  There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil." This shows me how to live a sickness free life. All I just need to do is to serve the Lord. Also, as I serve Him, 'He will bless my bread and my water.' That means, I will never run out of supply.  There shall be no barrenness in your life, in other words, serving God makes me fruitful. Finally He says, "And the number of your days you will fulfil." This means there shall be no premature death in my life. These are the wages for serving God.

PRAYER
Father, I thank you today for showing me from your word how to live a life that will always be pleasing to you. I thank you for as I walk in this path, I will experience divine health, abundant supply and fruitfulness in every area of my life in Jesus Name. Amen.


For further study read: Hebrews 11:6, Habakkuk 2:4, Galatians 3:11, Hebrews 10:38.

DOING THE WORD
Let developing your faith be your project this month. Use your faith and take note of the progress you make in this month in your walk of faith.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION