Saturday 25 August 2012

Faith is based on the Word of God.



“The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.”
Matthew 8:8

When you want to operate in consistent faith, you must live by the word of God and not your feelings. If you are basing your faith on your feelings, your Christian life will be unfulfilling and difficult. Faith is not based on feeling, faith is not based on your physical circumstances, neither is faith based on sight. That is why the bible says in 2 Corinthians 5:7, “(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)” Therefore, faith is only based on the word of God and not on any sensory evidence.

So, whatever God has said to me in His word is what is real to me. It does it matter what I see, feel or even hear, all those are subject to change through my faith in the word of God, because the word of God has creative ability. So, if you are faced with challenging circumstances, do like the Apostle Paul who said in 2 Corinthians 4:18, “While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.”

What are those eternal things that we are to fix our attention on? The word of God. Jesus said in Matthew 24:35, “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.” In Isaiah 40:8 (BBE), the bible says, “The grass is dry, the flower is dead; but the word of our God is eternal.” So, fix your attention on the word of God. What has God said concerning your health, your finances, your future, your children, let that be your final authority and the foundation upon which you base your life.

The Roman centurion in our opening scripture said, “… speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.” Truly the Word is all that you need to be a success in every area of your life. In the realm of faith, the word is enough.

CONFESSION
The word of God is my life. I live by the word of God. Whatever the word says is what is final authority in my life. I declare that I am strong, the Word of God abides in me and I have overcome the wicked one. Amen.

Hebrews 11:1, Romans 10:17, Isaiah 46:10.

DOING THE WORD
Don’t ever base your faith on any physical evidence. Base your faith only on the word of God.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION